Let’s be honest, when I go to bed it is normally skin and sheets. That means that often times my pajamas serve as my loungewear. Lately, I have been trying to step up my game and actually purchase true loungewear. I am the first to admit that my expectations are high because they have to be comfortable, versatile, and look good all at the same time. So when Kim Kardashian West launched her SKIMS intimate line I had to check out her take on loungewear.
When choosing the pieces I wanted to test out I kept it simple. I only bought the Sleep Dress and the Sleep Robe. Partially, this is because y’all were greedy and took everything but mainly because I wanted to really live in the pieces before commiting to the whole line. Check out my thoughts below!
- The feel! This is my favorite part. To say that these pieces are soft is an understatement. They almost feel like silk. They are so light and breathable. I could wear them all day long.
- The versatility is everything. I had to run to the store one day and just threw on the robe over a tank and leggings. It was effortless and I looked and felt great.
- The color integrity is beautiful. I hate when you stretch a fabric and you see the white spandex treads within it. When stretching this fabric that is nonexistent. The color is saturated and stands up to moving, lounging, and washing.
- The fit is a work in progress. I am a true 3x. In this line I am 4x/5x and I still need a little bit more fabric. Mama got a tummy and a booty! I am hoping this improves with future iterations of the pieces
- The availability is not a hidden secret. You have to get it when you can! These pieces are sold out but you can find similar pieces here and here.
I love the line! After buying these two I have bought the pasties, the body tape – the holy grail, and the boyshort underwear. I have been more than satisfied with all my purchases. For the first launch of many of the pieces I think SKIMS did a great job. Like with many lines who try to be size inclusive they fell short in sizing but I see great potential. My hope is that with upcoming lines they really pay attention to the needs of the plus size body and take those into consideration with those sizes. The color offerings are so nice. They have calming pastels and are true skin tones for different backgrounds. I am and will definitely continue to be a repeat SKIMS customer.